What is it that an individual can do to achieve lasting success in their small business? Here are a few ideas to improve your chances of gaining small business success using time tested secrets I personally use in my own business.
1. Research. You can either market the product you have now in the hope of it being acceptable to the market place or you can research the market for the best product to sell. At any rate market research has to happen first and once done, marketing is a continual through the life of your business.
2. Cash Flow. Lack of cash flow is a major reason for business failure. It’s OK to gain sales and make money but if you don’t or can’t collect it you are destined to go broke. The rule to keep in mind is to make sure you invoice as soon as possible and you pay as late as possible. This is a simple plan that works. So sit down, and take the time to create a cash flow plan now.
3. Technology. Technology will save you thousands of dollars and halve your work time. Buy as much as you can afford. Remember, the hours spent in your business are worth money and plenty of it so be smart and embrace technology. Technology can automate every part of your business including communicating with customers.
4. Passion. There is nothing worse than going to work and becoming a clock watcher because you are unhappy. Find something you are passionate about and do that. The day won’t be long enough then to do all you want to accomplish. Why? Your passion creates enthusiasm and that will carry you through any tough spells. It’ll motivate you when your business hits bad times.
5. Marketing. The prime function for you as a business person is not to sell product but to become a marketing Guru. Marketing is one of the areas where many business owners fall down and that has a bearing on whether or not a business will be successful. You love your business and you want it to be successful. Do research and find out how are you will convince prospects to buy what you have?